This person will partner with internal technology groups to ensure that proposed technical solutions align with the program's and overall objectives. They will also help business providers, development teams and other IT functional area leads with strategic solutions.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership in the broader area of Enterprise wide technical architecture with specific focus on the information and communication technologies that support healthcare data exchanges and integrations.
- Collaborate with other Enterprise Architects and Middleware engineers to define scalable, extensible, cost effective, and standards based solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Document technical architecture and design specifications for end-to-end infrastructure with a focus on architectural standards, growth, performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability, and security
- Present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Consult with business leadership to develop and maintain an architecture design in alignment with business strategy and objectives.
- Consult with infrastructure teams, applications teams, data architect, security architects, and strategic partners to create an architecture accommodating the business strategy.
- Develop technical architecture solutions spanning business processes, systems, hardware, operating systems, applications, and networking environments and platforms.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture and hands on experience with Enterprise Application frameworks.
- Expert level experience in understanding the end-to-end flow of messages from the internet to backend systems.
- A solid understanding and experience with Direct Messaging Specifications, HL7, CDA and CCD Formats, IHE Profiles (XDR, XDM) and Emerging trends in Health Care Data Exchanges.
- Experience with Data Integrations and Data Exchange with Health Care Organizations, State and National Data Exchanges.
- Skilled at translating business strategy and project portfolio into short and long-term architectural plans, detailed requirements, and models.
- Have worked on Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Apache, Spring based middleware solutions
- Working knowledge of cloud computing and various deployment models
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of overall IT experience in various roles with a minimum of 5 years of Enterprise Architecture experience in all aspects of technology including but not limited to business applications, middleware, database technology, business intelligence, security technology, and best practices.
- Have experience with performance management and capacity planning for large scale enterprise applications.
- Have understanding of Risk Management, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, IT Security Architecture, IT Regulatory Compliance and Health Care Privacy Controls and Specifications (HIPAA, PHI)
- Have the ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Have the ability to create estimations of the time and resource requirements for different activities and determine which activities can be completed in parallel and in sequence.
- Have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and flexibly adjust to changing priorities.
- Team player with consensus building and mediation skills.
Undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum overall 15 years IT experience of which a minimum of 5 years in Enterprise Architecture role.