We are seeking self-starters who are highly motivated, efficient, professional, communicative and able to contribute to the DW team on day one. The DQBA will be working with a team of resources including a project manager, various developers, other business analysts, technical architects, database administrators and Quality Assurance analysts. The DQBA will need to be well versed in Agile project management. This resource needs to be familiar with healthcare data, specifically Medicaid/MassHealth data, including the following types of data; claims, provider, encounter, primary care, fee for service, third party payer, behavioral health, and all other Medicaid/MassHealth data.
The DQBA will work with all business users at all levels of management and technical staff to interpret and translate business rules and requirements n to appropriate solutions. The DQBA will be required to understand the underlying data structure of the data warehouse and be able to map that information to a selected solution.
- Responsible for translating business specifications to the Data Quality Developer to ensure the schema/data model, ETL specifications and reports are accurately produced.
- Plans for, develops and documents in detail the functional requirements of solutions for business problems of moderate complexity
- Assist in complex data analysis and translates business needs into Warehouse/Business Intelligence solutions
- Seeks to understand user's business activities
- Investigate, design and implement business solutions and major upgrades or enhancements to existing solutions
- Participate in and occasionally lead the presentation of the results of analysis to development, users and other analysts as necessary
- Contribute to project plan, sprint planning as requested by project manager, scrum master or director
- Assist management in establishing project priorities and in allocating service delivery resources
- Train peers in use of new tools, languages and procedures
- Lead teams through various options, use cases, and/or scenarios to come up with the best solution, and potentially a phased approach, for earlier wins.
- Project Management, especially working on a team in 2-week sprints, i.e. familiarity with Agile Scrum processes.
- Direct experience with large health care data and data management
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail required
- Knowledge of Medicaid terminology, structures and programs
- High level communication skills including the ability to express findings and recommendations clearly to end users and several levels of management, verbally, visually and in writing
- Extensive experience in MS Office; other relevant software experience desired
- Experience with SQL and relational database query Oracle preferred
- Knowledge of Healthcare EDI formats such as 837 and NCPDP
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional specifications and business requirements documentation.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- 2+ years as a business analyst in an IT project
- Experience in training business users on Cognos or other BI tools based reporting
- Experience with data quality and remediation, data flows, and mapping or comparable experience (system or Data conversions)
- Understanding of companion and implementation guides of health care EDI formats
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university
Job Status: Contract/Temporary