Build a data platform to support Asset Management's data analytics and discovery needs. If you have a passion for working with data using multiple emerging technologies on the cloud, this might be the right opportunity for you!
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Expertise building data heavy solutions using AWS technologies (EMR, EC2, Lambda etc.)
- Experience building Data Ingestion on the cloud (using tools like Informatica, Talend, Glue, Sqoop etc.)
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.)
- Exposure to release automation and deployment (Jenkins, CloudFormation, Chef etc.)
- Good understanding of overall AWS security services like KMS, IAM etc.
- Experience in database (Oracle), ETL tools and application development
- At least 5 years of software development experience with at least 3 years working on cloud/big data technologies
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
The Senior Cloud Engineer/Developer will be working as part of a core team building the discovery and analytics platform for Asset Management. This will involve migrating data to AWS S3 and other data bases, building data ingestion pipelines, creating a framework for self-service data acquisition, building data quality processes and transitioning our data stores to the cloud.
The Skills You Bring
- You have hands on experience building data lake on AWS sourcing data from heterogeneous sources
- You enjoy working on different technologies to solve business problems
- You have good programming skills (Python, Java, Scala etc.) and also have good Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills.
- You enjoy learning new technologies, data analysis, identifying data patterns and trends
- You can independently figure out technical challenges, identify options and come up with innovative solutions
- You have good communication skills
- Technical expertise in building our next generation data platform on AWS
- Building quality solutions that align with the technology blueprint and best practices to solve business problems by driving design, development and ongoing support.
- Work with our global team and provide technical direction in building solutions.
- Actively participating in knowledge sharing sessions, code and design reviews etc.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary