The Credit Control Specialist will facilitate the collection of outstanding balances on past due invoices according to a pre-established time line, specifically 90 + invoices. They will also determine when to deny a client access to a virtual data room because of past due payments. This person will function as a member of our finance team, and will also complete the reconciliation of accounts usually as the result of a dispute. This person will recommend when to assign uncollectible accounts to a collection agency. The successful candidate will also perform various administrative duties.
About the Team
Our Client is a leading, global technology provider of beyond the firewall collaboration solutions. Over 800 of the Global Fortune 1000 use our client's platform to securely share content and collaborate anytime, anywhere, with business partners. Gartner recognizes us as the top ranked supplier in the Enterprise Collaboration and Social Software category. We are looking for a seasoned Credit Control Specialist.
- Collects outstanding balances on past due invoices as per a pre-established time line, which involves sending out standardized collection notices, placing phone calls to clients, and composing emails to address specific collection situations. Negotiate payment terms with specific guidelines or based on guidelines provided by management.
- Determine when to deny a client access to a virtual data rooms because of past due payments based on various factors including the account's payment history and the nature of the business relationship with the client.
- Complete the reconciliation of accounts usually as the result of a dispute by matching each charge to the client with each payment received. Discusses open items with clients until a resolution is reached.
- Recommend when to assign uncollectible accounts to a collection agency. Discusses alternatives with sales representatives.
- Prepare and provides ad hoc analytical reports on the status of assigned accounts in a spreadsheet format.
- Run a weekly aging report to obtain a list of past due accounts needed to proceed with collection activities. Communicate with sales representatives and the billing helpdesk specialists to resolve disputes raised by clients and follow up on resolutions in order to move forward with cash collection.
- Arrange for changes to account information by setting up tickets with the billing help desk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Business mathematics understanding
- 3 years minimum working with the MS Excel Spreadsheet application
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Minimum of 5 years "hands-on " collections experience, experience in IT Industry a plus
- Education: Associates or Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- 5 or more years collection experience in the commercial service industry
- Software/Technology experience: MS Excel and Access, desired advanced level
- The desire to tackle challenging and diverse tasks
Job Status: Contract/Temporary