Data Quality Technical Lead
The data warehouse is seeking a Data Quality Technical Lead (DQTL) who will be instrumental in the new team. The resource needs to be familiar with healthcare data, specifically Medicaid/MassHealth data, including the following types; claims, providers, encounter, primary care, fee for service, third party payer, behavioral health and all other Medicaid/MassHealth data.
The DQTL will work with internal and external business shareholders to identify data quality issues in the warehouse. He/she will determine best practices improvements to be implemented in the DW. The DQTL will oversee design and production of reports that will proactively monitor the quality of data in the warehouse and execute solutions for resolving data quality issues. He/she will provide oversight of the data within the warehouse to support report production and extract creation. The DQTL will be responsible for ensuring the quality of data warehouse deliverables.
The DQTL will be responsible for providing experience-based recommendations and serve as a subject matter expert to data warehouse requestors (MassHealth business users, external requesters including vendors or private entities) to best address their needs. The DQTL will serve as a thought leader on the best structure of the data warehouse. The DQTL will be on the front lines of support for all data warehouse needs. This position will report to the Deputy Director for the Data Warehouse and will be responsible to work on multiple projects and activities as assigned.
- Analyze data in the data warehouse and identify discrepancies, issues or inefficiencies in data or table structure
- Lead the design and implementation of reports that track data warehouse data quality
- Work with a team of data quality professionals, data warehouse resources, and business users to resolve open data quality issues
- Recommend and implement data quality solutions, including quality control metrics
- Provide oversight of data warehouse deliverables such as reports and extracts to ensure quality
- Serve as subject matter expert for stakeholders on data warehouse data and deliverables
- Analyze source systems contributing to the data warehouse and work with external sharehodlers to implement best practices
- Communicate with DW team on a daily basis, either by email, meetings and status reports
- Utilize standard tool sets to carry out job responsibilities
- Experience working in a data ware house team
- Experience working in Medicaid or other health care organizations
- Logical/mathematical thinking skills
- Strong SQL skills
- SAS and/or Cognos experience
- Thorough knowledge of data warehouse principles and techniques, including data modeling,
- Experienced problem solver
- Analytical experience including requirements gathering, use case creation, agile project methodology and testing
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well strong communication organizational and documentation skills
- Database design skills
- Understanding of current/emerging technologies for data management and analytics
- Business intelligence/Dashboard experience as well as Project Management and Organization experience.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary