|Location:||Durham, North Carolina|
- This person will collaborate with a team of client and information architects, visual designers, editors, prototypers, researchers, usability specialists to tackle complex projects of varying size.
- Define web site/application structures and create site maps, wireframes and user flows charts.
- 6-9 years' experience in User Experience and Information Architecture.
- Experience with other financial services clients preferred.
- Works from inception of the product, gathering information and understanding business cases.
- Leadership ability to pull together designers, and set an appropriate design cadence with internal team and partners.
- Embody collaborative spirit and how to tackle problem and lean on IC's on the team.
- Must have portfolio examples, where they show product experience.
- Finance experience is a plus, healthcare and/or experience in Health Savings Account space would be ideal.
- Must have excellent communication skills. It must come across verbally, via email, and they must be able to build relationships with stake holders that are sponsors.
- Ability to communicate via screen sharing, and video conference. This should be able to come thru in the Portfolio.
- Act as the lead and engage other specialist when required. They must know when to delegate.
- Must know how to manage up and keep management up to speed on important project updates.
- Comfortable working with geographical distribution, since other specialist will be working in locations in Boston and Chicago.
- Must have maturity, self-awareness and a positive attitude. They should uphold integrity, while maintaining calm and meeting deadlines in the multi-facet projects.