DevOps Architect- Houston
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Develop expert knowledge of clients business and problem/solution domain
- Identify and implement best practices, tools and standards.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Assist projects in deployment plans, ensure best practices are used
- Script. Deploy, and Maintain the client platform and customer Services, for customer projects. This may include hosted Azure, customer Hosted Azure, and on-prem
- Configure and manage client, Gluster, Graylog, Prometheus, Grafana, Redis and RabbitMQ.
- Excellent communications skills to be able to work with customer IT leadership
- Provide consultative support to the IT team for production incidents.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree, or comparable industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the technology field
- 2+ years of strong experience with cloud services (Azure preferred)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with Docker, Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of network engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Direct, hands-on experience with IT and release management tools.
- Hands-on experience with Gluster, Graylog, Prometheus, Grafana, Redis and RabbitMQ
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Must understand the Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- After hours on-call support occasionally required.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary