Director Data Cloud Engineering
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Experience working as a technical lead building high quality solutions with a focus on automation and innovation
- Hands on experience building data heavy solutions in AWS using technologies like EMR, Spark, Presto, Hive, Lambda, S3 etc.
- Expertise building solutions for data ingestion, data wrangling and data visualization
- Expertise in Big Data technologies (Sqoop, Hive etc.)
- Exposure to release automation and deployment (Jenkins, CloudFormation,Chef etc.)
- Data modeling and data organization for Big Data technologies
- Good understanding of AWS services like KMS, Route 53 etc.
- Experience in database (Oracle) and application development
- At least 12 years of software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
You will be working as part of a core team building the discovery and analytics. This will involve providing technical leadership for the project, evaluating tools for data ingestion, building data ingestion pipelines, crafting a framework for self-service data acquisition, building data quality processes and transitioning our data stores to the cloud. The ecosystem will include heterogeneous data sources and structured and unstructured data. You'll be doing hands on development and also supplying technical leadership to the team.
The Skills You Bring
- You have hands on experience building data lake on AWS sourcing data from heterogeneous sources
- You have experience leading teams and providing technical direction
- You enjoy working on different technologies to find solutions for business problems
- You have good programming skills (Python, scripting etc.) and also have good Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills.
- You enjoy learning new technologies, data analysis, identifying data patterns and trends
- You can independently resolve technical challenges, identify options and come up with innovative solutions
- Demonstrated positive track record of implementing Big Data solutions
- You have good communication skills
- Technical expertise in building our next generation data platform on AWS
- Building quality solutions that align with the technology blueprint and standard methodologies to create resolutions for business problems by driving design, development and ongoing support.
- Work with our global team and provide technical direction in building solutions.
- Actively participating in group information sharing sessions, code and design reviews etc.