ETL Analyst/Database Administrator (4/2)
The ETL Analyst/SQL DBA will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, documenting and maintaining all data requirements related to the business applications, interfaces, and reporting environments. This documentation shall include all logical and physical data models, all required Gap analysis, all source to target specifications & all business logic or rules required to translate the business functional and technical requirements.
The Analyst shall be assigned to daily operations, as well as to ongoing projects, with a focus of meeting the business objectives of quality, on time, and on budget goals. The ETL Analyst shall expertly utilize standard SQL Server tools and possibly other third party and data modeling tools to develop and implementing highly efficient, scalable, and automated ETL processes.
The Analyst will be required to develop technical specifications and detailed work plans, ensuring both system and data quality. Data quality management efforts may include: data cleansing, deduplication, error reporting and debugging using the standard ETL tool set. The Analyst shall provide consultation services to clients, technicians and possible other departments.
The ETL Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring high availability of all related business applications through the strict adherence to all MassIT and EOHHS PMO processes, ensuring proper Confidentiality of data, Security, Quality Assurance, Change Management, Organizational Management and Release Management practices.
This position reports directly to Applications Manager and the Bureaus designated IT Program Manager.
- Research, analyze, document, and maintain internal Applications and Database architectures
- Assist with RICE (Reports, Integrations, Conversions, and Enhancements) through the use of current tools.
- Develop work plans, schedules, and manage to target deadlines on short term and long term initiatives
- Provide technical assistance and information to technical and non-technical users
- Responsible for running monthly reports, managing data extracts/imports, and provide data quality verification
- Continually look for opportunities to improve and automate current processes.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to department policies, guidelines and objectives.
- Collaborate across multiple teams including research, architecture, design, development and support teams..
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain the businesses critical systems, maintaining at all times, the proper data security standards set forth by the organization.
- Provide tier-3 support, which may include problem definition, solution design, business continuity, backup and restore requirements resolve complex system issues and incidents escalated from lower support tiers.
- Provide SQL development and coding (TSQL, PL\SQL,) for internal projects and teach/mentor other team members.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience SQL Server databases and their native utilities (Query Analyzer, Analytical Workbench, Etc.)
- Advanced SQL query-writing skills, Windows/Linux scripting, and automated job scheduling
- Experience in ETL Development using standard tools like SSIS, SSAS, or other ETL Solutions
- Knowledge of file and file transmission protocols (SFTP, Web Services, XML, Flat File)
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and ODBC, JDBC connectivity as it relates to user based connectivity
- Knowledge of Applications Security including Authentication and Role Based Access Control within the DB
- Strong Data Modeling and Database Design experience
- Strong adherence to source control, version management, or Configuration management practices
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (Clearly and Succinctly)
- Experienced in providing ongoing maintenance and support of IT systems and User communities
- Capable of working independently or as part of a large team.
- Experience in maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- SQL Development - ability to write, review and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Understanding of Data encryption, TDE, and key management - Intermediate level knowledge/experience
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of Database server administration and in virtual environments.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Working knowledge Database Error and Exception Handling.
- 4-8 years of experience developing Transact SQL, code and install/implement on production environments.
- 5+ years of experience in database administration
- 3+ years of experience in database parameter tuning, data guard and golden gate.
- 3+ years of experience in working on Linux/UNIX database servers.