Front End Developer
The Interactive Marketing department seeks a Front End Developer for our UI Design & Development team. The Design Technologist will work with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, and product managers to improve and maintain our public websites and secure client applications. The Design Technologist will also collaborate with core UI team members to develop repeatable design patterns, establish development standards, and help maintain our component library.
• Understand business objectives, as well as customer needs, in order to articulate how design can address them.
• Work closely with cross-functional feature teams to deliver features in support of business objectives.
• Extend and improve Ameriprise’s UI design language, development standards and component libraries.
• Collaborate with front-end engineers to implement UI components within platform constraints.
• Actively participate in design critiques, code reviews and team retrospectives. • Help improve team culture.
• Be curious, engaged, approachable and self-reliant.
• Stay current with a rapidly changing industry; share knowledge with others.
• Expert level understanding of graphic design fundamentals (typography, color theory, layout, etc.)
• Extreme attention to design details and functional nuance.
• HTML/CSS mastery, plus a working knowledge of JS (behavioral prototyping).
• Fundamental understanding of Git.
• Ability to clearly communicate design ideas to designers, non-designers and business stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire others (professional maturity).
• Mastery over Photoshop and/or Illustrator and/or Sketch, etc.
• A desire to work within a highly collaborative team environment.
DIRECT W2 candidates only apply, no layers will be considered.