- 3+ years' experience as a full stack software engineer, delivering software using agile development practices
- Object Oriented development experience, ideally with Java
- Knowledge of micro services and event based architectures leveraging frameworks such as Kafka.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices
- Exposure to test automation frameworks that support all types of testing (unit, component, integration, system etc.) executed through CI/CD pipelines.
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Engineering or Computer Science related field
The Skills You Bring
- You can operate as senior engineer on the Boston engineering team
- Bringing a passion for engineering and best engineering practices
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Collaborating with engineers across other products to share ideas and leverage solutions
- You are able to work successfully in an environment that has a full stack engineering mindset and encourages autonomy in the work that you do.
- You have an awareness of event based systems, functional programming, emerging technologies such as Scala / Akka / Camel and messaging frameworks such as Kafka and EMS.
- You have a testing methodology. You demonstrate a test-driven approach to developing software and can build or contribute to automated testing frameworks that can detect any anomalies in functionality, performance and integration.
- You have experiences in some of the following technologies continuous integration/delivery frameworks such as GIT, Cloudbees Jenkins, uDeploy and/or Pivotal Concourse.
- You are able to clearly document design options and decisions, and present these in an organized manner to technical as well as non-technical audiences
Job Status: Contract/Temporary