We are looking for extremely driven software engineers interested in working on a focused team to deliver successful solutions that impact a number of core functions. You will have a strong technical background with experience in development of high performance .NET solutions. The successful candidate will be someone who is a self-starter with ownership attitude and a good communicator that is able to work within a team that delivers cutting edge solutions on tight deadlines. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in innovating with new football solutions and become an expert in the domain.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Remains on the cutting edge by studying state-of-the-art data driven philosophies, development tools, and programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects intellectual property & operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Perform technical analysis and document technical requirements, design, and development of software.
- Convert functional specifications and design artifacts into software designs and other technical artifacts, with an emphasis on performance, security, extensibility and efficient reuse.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure conformance with specifications and established methodologies.
- Provide technical support to various activities and internal infrastructure within the company.
- Work with business implementation leads to identify workflows, protocols, information gathering for new solutions.
- Responsible for effectively engaging with IT project management and reporting project status.
- Participate and work with Business Analysts in the analysis and development of business requirements.
- Establish and adhere to set project development plans and release dates.
- Contribute to the development of QA Functional Test Scripts and Performance Test Plans.
- Technical lead on one or many projects at a time; other duties as assigned.
- Provide on-site (league office) and remote (stadiums) game day support during the NFL Season.
- Willing to travel for project deployments, off site meetings and on-site game day support at NFL games.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with strong technical background.
- Knowledge of American Football (required).
- Strong knowledge of C#, Visual Basic, SQL Server, .NET, C++, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.
- 2-4 years' professional experience developing on technology platforms in the Microsoft technology stack, including IIS, Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, SharePoint, WCF, Web API, SSRS, Team Foundation Server.
- Experience in the following areas: Software architecture and development: Data modeling and database design; Web application security; Hardware devices including laptops, desktops, mobile, storage; TCP/IP and networking.
- Be able to communicate technical issues in business terms so that senior leadership can evaluate options and make sound decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Umbraco, AWS and Windows Azure is a plus.
- Highly organized, focused, flexible, motivated, detail oriented, and dedicated team player.
- Experience and knowledge in video technologies, compression algorithms, encoding/decoding video, video formats and wrappers, time code, video editors, video streaming, IPTV systems, multicast, unicast, DVR technologies, hardware and software encoders is a plus.