GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Program Director will provide leadership to the Mass HIway program, which resides within the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS), and partner closely with Mass Health and EOHHS Information Technology (EOHHS IT). The Mass HIway Program Director will be responsible for setting and implementing its strategic goals and objectives, as set forth in MGL Chapter 118I, and by EOHHS, with advisory guidance from the Health Information Technology Council (HIT Council).
- Oversee all policy, business, and operational aspects of the Mass HIway, including the setting and implementation of strategic policy and technical goals, engagement with EOHHS and state executive leadership, and engagement with external stakeholders in other state agencies and in the public.
- Lead strategic planning for the Mass HIway, which includes refining the core goals and objectives of the Mass HIway, and establishing/ executing short and long term agendas and business plans to meet these goals and objectives.
- Oversee all EOHHS legislative, regulatory, and sub regulatory affairs related to the Mass HIway.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of new components of the Mass HIway by partnering with Mass Health and EOHHS IT.
- Conceptualize and develop the policy requirements and lead the cross functional team to implement a statewide Event Notification Service (ENS) and a centralized opt-out mechanism for the Mass HIway.
- Represent the Mass HIway at local and national conferences/meetings in order to:
- Conduct general outreach and education about the role and services that the Mass HIway provides.
- Help keep EOHHS and the Mass HIway team informed about recent developments in health information technology (e.g., MACRA, Meaningful Use) that impact the Mass HIway.
- Help develop knowledge and contacts that may assist the Mass HIway in providing additional services to promote the goals of the Mass HIway.
- Lead engagement with key stakeholders, including the HIT Council, Advisory Groups to the HIT Council, and advocacy groups in the Commonwealth.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree in Health Care or Business Administration, Public Health, or a health policy related field.
- 7+ years of related experience in health policy, and/or health information technology.
- Previous senior leadership experience within an organization related to health, health policy and/or health information technology.
- Experience leading the implementation of healthcare initiatives impacting the patient populations of either a healthcare provider or insurance provider.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, to interact with leadership, staff, providers, and other stakeholders.
The Program Director will report to the Assistant CIO for Health and Eligibility for day to day operations. The Program Director is also expected to work in close alignment for program direction and strategy with the Chief of Payment and Care Delivery Innovation to ensure that the HIway strategy and performance supports MassHealth's initiatives around payment and care delivery reforms.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment; based at Ashburton Place in Boston, but may need to travel 1 to 2 days per week to MassHealth offices in Quincy MA or to other locations.