The Project Manager oversees and directs the IT application support and project management teams comprised of both contractors and State employees. Duties include ensuring proper project governance, project monitoring, issue tracking, implementing corrective actions, status reporting, management and supervision of IT support staff, and ensuring the completion of all project deliverables on time and on budget.
The Project Manager directly coordinates and monitors the operational and project activities of others involved with SAS and data management efforts, external providers, and internal IT support staff, providing mentoring and training as required. The Project Manager is responsible to ensure the high availability of all business applications through adherence Security, Quality Assurance, Change Management, and Release Management practices. He/she is responsible for effectively allocating resources, prioritizing workload, monitoring systems and staff performance, and acting as liaison between Business federal funding partners and providing expertise in all business, application and IT related matters.
- In collaboration with IT and Bureau/Office management, is responsible for assisting DPH with its short and long term plans for data warehousing and business analytics within the AWS.
- Facilitate the transition to the AWS and SAS environments, including but not limited to developing a clear governance structure and access rules; coordinating all communications with programs; and ensuring that Epis have the tools and training to work in the new environment.
- Support the administration of SAS accounts once the contract with SAS to manage the accounts has expired.
- Work with Management in the development and implementation of a strategic plan regarding DPH's use of data.
- Accountable for the ensuring that production and project support services meet and\or exceed the business applications support level agreement objectives.
- Responsible for managing application upgrades & migration activities, business requirements, deadlines, and meeting business and IT objectives.
- Responsible for both direct project management of projects, as needed, as well as program oversight of projects managed by additional PMs as required.
- Responsible to ensure all Master Agreements (MA), Requests for Response (RFR) and procurements meet, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and federal funding agency guidelines.
- Responsible for documenting supporting policies, processes, and procedures especially where they are lacking. Create and maintain written procedure manuals.
- Maintain professional interaction with internal & external teams, management, other organization service units, federal funding agencies and with end users.
- Provide IT staff with guidance and leadership which results in successful completion of their work. Ensure adherence and compliance to department policies, guidelines and objectives.
- Workload is appropriately delegated to staff; necessary follow-up and review is conducted. Regular meetings are held with staff, individually and collectively, to provide information and direction. Clear goals and responsibilities for staff are established.
- Staff performance is monitored and evaluated. Appropriate feedback and instructions are provided. A work setting which builds a strong sense of teamwork and purpose is maintained.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Management or equivalent work experience
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management and software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies for functional, systems, integration, performance and UAT.
- Able to foster a collaborative work environment and demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
- Possess strong organizational, presentation and customer service skills
- Possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work well within a team and project environment.
- Proven track record in driving complex system integration projects and converting / transitioning / consolidating businesses to new application platforms. Experience maintaining operational confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Experience with SAS a plus
- Experience managing other data related projects a plus
Job Status: Contract/Temporary