The appropriate candidate shall have strong programming skills in maintaining and enhancing RPG applications for the iSeries system.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Analyze, estimate and perform requested enhancements to existing iSeries applications
- Create project definition documents and technical requirements
- Design, develop, and unit test all code modifications
- Troubleshoot and support existing applications
- Adhere to pre-defined IS and Sarbanes-Oxley protocol, and software development standards
- Understand business process as it relates to transportation and accounting systems
- Perform analysis to determine feeds and/or interfaces between systems.
- Help setup routine data transfers between systems
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or relevant industry experience is required.
- Ability to collaborate across all functional areas including external stake holders
- Transportation experience is a plus but not required.
- Strong iSeries: RPGLE, RPG Free, FTP, IFS, DDS/DDL, CLP, subfiles, data queues, stored procedures, embedded SQL programming skills
- Experience with productivity tools such as RDi, Hawkeye, and DBU.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
- Ideal candidate will possess a "can do attitude with a "will do work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of operations
- General computer skills - Microsoft Office, Outlook, iSeries
- Excellent communication