Security Master Data Analyst
You will be using market data vendor sources to create and maintain data records.
The position provides daily data production support for entire investment process. The core responsibility is to set up and maintain investment securities and related data in the firm's portfolio management, trading, and accounting systems. Working within a set of time-critical and structured daily, weekly, and monthly tasks, you will execute data maintenance activities in multiple systems including amending, validating, deactivating, repairing, & enriching records. You will diagnose data exceptions, conduct reconciliations, make corrections, and recommend controls to ensure data accuracy. You will regularly work with market/reference data providers including Bloomberg, Factset, IDC, etc.
The position will interface daily with the portfolio management, trade desk personnel, and portfolio accounting teams, and others within the organization to ensure that all data elements are maintained in an accurate and timely manner. You will also have the opportunity to work with Senior Management on new initiatives regarding how security data is sourced, managed, stored, and shared.
- Maintain full oversight of security attributes in the database which includes new security setup and maintenance of existing securities through vendor feeds and workflows.
- Research, source, and analyze securities reference data, along with industry information, using market data and various vendor sources.
- Reconcile security attribute data from multiple sources and in multiple systems and resolve conflicting security attribute data.
- Perform time-critical functions on a daily basis, such as reconciliations and data quality checks.
- Develop and maintain documentation regarding system functionality and data lineage.
- Perform analyst activities including querying, data analysis, mapping of vendor and internal data, workflow development and process reengineering.
- Review existing processes, recommend improvements and work with your technology colleagues on solutions implementation.
- Work closely with Manager of Enterprise Data to establish and implement enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes.
- Partner with leadership to build out our technology platform; specifically upgrading our security master and implementing an enterprise data management system and data warehouse.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with emphasis in finance, accounting, and/or technology.
- 2-5+ years' experience within financial services, specifically investment management or a service/data provider to investment management.
- Experience working within a security master system preferred. Alternatively, Investment Operations experience could be relevant.
- Experience with Charles River Investment Management Solution, SS&C Advent products, Bloomberg, and Factset a plus.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, including thorough understanding of financial securities including Equity, Fixed Income and Options.
- Strong knowledge of SQL. Experience writing and optimizing advanced SQL queries in a business environment. Bonus if experienced working with ETL processes utilizing SSIS/SSRS.
- Knowledge and experience with third party vendors who provide reference data; Bloomberg, Factset, IDC, Fitch, Morningstar, Moody's, S&P, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining a data dictionary and data governance policies.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and trustworthy with the ability to organize and drive tasks to meet deadlines.
- Analytical with good problem solving skills, including experience with root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated motivation and desire to work within the investments business and grow with new technologies.