Senior Business Analyst
|Location:||North Quincy, Massachusetts|
We are seeking a business analyst that will support the Interfaces team as we transition from a mainframe operational system to a commercial off the shelf product with varying types of Interfaces and the conversion of business partners to the new services. The business analyst will create process flows and procedures documents, document new requirements to improve the business process with business partners. The business analyst must be able interact and collaborate with internal staff and communicate and educate business partners. The candidate must be able to build subject matter expertise with the External Interfaces and develop productive relationships with business partners. They must adhere to all security standards and directives.
The business analyst's role is to elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business requirements of project stakeholders. The position requires flexibility, responsiveness, creativity and innovative thinking.
- Produce work products, as appropriate, including business requirements documentation, workflows, business rules, process flows, and training materials.
- Provide recommendations and specifications to refine current state business processes and workflows to achieve a positive impact.
- Build subject matter expertise in customer's field and develop productive relationships with customers.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, use cases, scenarios, and other techniques.
- Document the detailed business requirements in a traceable, testable and verifiable format, providing recommendations and specifications to refine the business processes as needed to achieve a positive impact to the solution
- Elicit requirements through facilitated requirements gathering sessions. Analyze requirements and create specifications.
- Validate requirements to meet the needs of the business. Perform system testing to validate the high level functionality of solutions.
- Produce work products as appropriate including Business Requirements Documentation, Functional Specifications, workflows, use cases, business rules, process flow, data flow, test cases, training materials, etc.
- Support test strategy definition, test requirements definition, development of test scenarios, and execution of test phases
- Effectively communicate project status, issues, schedule and accomplishments to various management and stakeholder groups, as needed
- Leverage subject matter expertise to advise customers on business priorities, options, risks, and costs, and ensure solutions meet the needs of the business
- Analyze business data and how the values relate to the business process
- Identifies work breakdown structures for required tasks to reach milestones: problem analysis; requirements definition; business case formulation; project scoping and definition and finally translating all that into a set of solution options and sound technical requirements.
- Define report specifications
- Assume team lead role as required on projects or in support of a business unit.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- Evaluate existing data and systems in terms of their ability to support strategy and business operations
- Document each type of data system with use cases so that key business processes and be supported and performance measures can be established
- Works closely with the IT Management to prioritize and coordinate individual project tasks and assess time sensitive constraints on development tasks
- Develop reports to communicate schedules, issues, risks and project changes to project stakeholders and project manager
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five or more years of direct work experience as a Business Analyst.
- Subject matter or domain experience working in related industries.
- Demonstrated track record of success with IT projects that meet business requirements and customer expectations.
- Experience with business process modeling.
- Proficient at problem identification and resolution, and defining and managing business requirements.
- Experience in producing various work products throughout the analysis, design, and test phases of a project.
- Knowledge and application of industry standard Project Management principles delivered using various systems development life cycles.
- Ability and motivation to learn.
- Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both orally and in writing) with various project stakeholders, including IT leadership, business customers, team members, and other IT colleagues.
- Strong meeting management and negotiation skills.