Senior Business Analyst
Client is looking for Sr Business Analyst with at least five years of experience to support multiple technology initiatives in support of the deployment of various systems. The position requires a balance of technical knowledge of business analysis and process improvement along with strong project and task management.
Demonstrated Experience in Eligibility Systems, Medicare, Food Stamps/TANF, designing interfaces / batch programs, reports, data analysis, documentation skills
- Ability to develop system requirements, design documentation, interact with business users, and schedule end user use and additional technical specifications for developer use.
- Experience with standard development methodologies and tools including facilitating JADs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional/System Testing, Storyboarding, User Interface (UI) design, and User Experience (UX) design.
- Highly Effective communication skills to all levels within an organization (Technical and Non-Technical).
- Agile development, Ability to translate business requirements into technical documents, some SQL writing skill and testing skills, JIRA, Confluence, VISIO
- Define functional requirements
- Process analysis - ability to facilitate conversations and document the end-to-end (E2E) data flow for each data type using clear process flow diagrams and succinct text.
- Develop recommendations on how to improve operations, with specific actions and recommendations on supporting resources.
- Talent for gathering requirements from stakeholders and collaboration with cross-functional groups.
- Ability to gain consensus on issues when there are conflicting points of view.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to analyze requirements.
- Ability to lead teams through various options, use cases, and/or scenarios to come up with the best solution, and potentially a phased approach, for earlier wins.
- Project Management, especially working on a team in 2-week sprints, i.e. familiarity with Agile Scrum processes.
- Experience working with outside vendors on implementations of software.
- Experience conducting User Acceptance Testing.
- Takes the initiative/lead during conversations and does not wait to be asked to do something.
- Proficiency in the following MS Project, MS Office
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of Business analyst experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience coordinating and/supporting IT business processes
- Former local, state, federal government experience preferred