Senior Citrix Administrator
Length: 6-12+ Months
Interview: Phone Screen and Skype or Face to Face
In this position, the individual contributor will be responsible for the configuration, administration, and maintenance of remote access services. Design, implement, and support highly available systems in a multi-site environment while allowing for no single points of failure. The candidate should also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact effectively with others, and have strong problem-solving and analytical skills. They should also have good organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands. We are a global company. This position would be based in our Marlboro, MA office.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Citrix infrastructure
- Manage and support Citrix NetScalers, XenApp and XenDesktop, with Storefront interface.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server to 2012, Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS/FTP, VMware, Amazon Web Services (VPC, EC2, Workspaces).
- Collaborate with software packaging teams to ensure successful package creation and deployments.
- Collaborate with desktop support teams on virtual desktop infrastructure and other client systems.
- Perform general administration of servers (patching, upgrades & installs)
- Perform incident response and problem management;
- Capable in supporting a 24/7 coverage model with on call responsibilities
- Strong documentation as well as verbal communication skills
- Optimize team satisfaction through a strong commitment to communications and customer service
- Document configurations and procedures that could be transitioned to the NOC or support teams
- Working knowledge of SAN Storage, Networking, DNS and DHCP
Keys to the Position:
- Support for Citrix Netscalers (virtual and physical), AWS (Amazon Web Services: VPC, EC2, Workspaces), and Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- 3+ years' experience with Netscalers, 1+ with AWS. XenDesktop/XenApp 7.x a plus.
- This position will be working in Marlborough but may need to go to Boston on occasion.
- Bachelor's degree or above in a related field or equivalent experience and certifications
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience with increasing responsibilities and technical aptitude
- Experience in the areas of change management, capacity planning, incident tracking and reporting, monitoring and alerting, system upgrades, backup and recovery required
- Systems administration experience
- Ability to work nonstandard hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Working knowledge of Citrix NetScaler, in-depth understanding of Remote Desktop, and support for XenDesktop/XenApp. Exposure to Amazon Web Services (VPC, EC2, Workspaces) a plus.
- Understanding of Virtualization and Cloud concepts, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service
- Identify underlying root causes and weighing risks of various approaches
- Ability to analyze complex issues involving systems and products as required
- Knowledge of change management practices, configuration management, requirements as applicable to area of responsibility
- Ability to work independently, positively handle conflict, and work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated technical aptitude