|Location:||Durham, North Carolina|
• 7+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in core Java, Spring MVC / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers.
• 3+ years of development experience in web application development: JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, Jquery, Backbone, Angular, NodeJS, etc.
• 5+ years of deep experience in designing with Object Oriented methodologies.
• 5+ years of experience in supporting high-volume applications in production. Deep experience with common issues related to scalability, availability, intelligent monitoring, performance, and how to design proactively to avoid them.
• Ability to prioritize and delegate the work based on strategic nature, importance, and urgency.
• Champion and advocate of Test Driven Development, Unit testing using frameworks and tools like Junit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
• Hands on with IDE's Spring Tool Suite and Eclipse - within a UNIX and Windows environment.
• Fully hands on with application builds and deploys using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc.
• Good understanding of cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure) Your Responsibilities
• Lead multiple development work streams through integration and ensure architecture is scalable and extensible
• Collaborate with other principal developers to ensure a common vision
• Align with the leadership's vision for the products and ensure that day-to-day tactical requests don't compromise that vision.
• Lead the team to think in terms of design patterns and Object Oriented Methodology
• Mentor other software engineers to foster an engaged and highly skilled team.
• Enforce existing engineering practices and setting new ones as and when needed.
• Lead the effort to define, maintain, and support Java development environment and best practices, such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open Source tools
• Lead the identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of complex problems within the production and nonproduction environment.
• Ensure a robust code review process is in place and followed consistently.
• Proactively lead process and technology improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor's / Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
• Extraordinary problem-solving skills dealing with complex distributed deployments
• Strong leadership skills: you must be passionate about engineering excellence, highly focused, innovative, team player, self-starter, collaborator, and someone who's eager to learn and teach every day.