Sr. Desktop Architect/Engineer - RTH
Location: Marlborough or Boston MA
Length 6+ Month Contract to Hire
Our Information Technology team is recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer based in our Marlborough, MA office or the Boston, MA office. This person will be working in a global team that is responsiblefor engineering end user computing solutions from concept toimplementation. This role includes bothdefining and building solutions for our end user compute function with a focuson universal access.
Keys to this position
- Seeking a Desktop Architect/Engineer to help implement asecure remote virtualized desktop infrastructure.
- Technologies: AmazonWorkspace, Desktop Virtualization, Windows 10, Office 2016/365, Remote Access,Thin Client (PCoIP), Windows Image Management, Group Policy and Remote AccessProtocols
- There is an opportunity to grow into a supervisory role overtime.
- Location: preferablyMarlborough but open to Boston
- Support the processes and policiesfor policy management as well as application lifecycle management for coreapplications
- Supervise the engineering teams responsible forapplication virtualization and develop roadmaps for continuous improvements inthis area
- Develop a universal remote accesssolution for our employees to access their compute devices no matter where theyare or what device they use.
- Lead the engineering effort to design andimplement the firm's next generation application virtualization solution toreplace the current Citrix solution. (AppStream, VMWare, etc)
- Collaborate with network, security andother teams that interface with the end user computing
- Ensure adherence to established ITstandards and processes while proactively highlighting opportunities forimprovement
- Ensure all issues are logged appropriately and escalated asnecessary using the Incident and Problem management process
- Communicate clearly with relevantstakeholders to ensure they are kept up to date this progress on projects andfollow-up on all open and pending items
- Escalate issues to the wider support teams, vendors and managementas necessary
- Identify persistent problems, and work with wider teams to resolve
- Look for service improvement and ticket reduction opportunities
- Ensure controls and policies are adhered to at all times
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ yearsof design/engineering/architecture experience in end user computingtechnologies
- 3+ yearsof supporting VDI or application virtualization solutions (Amazon Workspaces aplus)
- 2+ years of thin client support/architecture (PCoIP, RDP, and ICA)
- Supervisory experience, preferablyincluding management of offshore resources
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to newtechnologies
- Substantial experience withproblem solving in complex system and network infrastructures, with a focus onensuring a positive end user experience
- Detailed knowledge of Windows 7 / Windows 10desktop operating systems, including lifecycle management and root cause analysis
- Familiarity with cloud based solutionsincluding, but not limited to, IaaS and SaaS (Amazon Web Services, Office365)
- Detailed knowledge of MicrosoftOffice
- Strong technical grasp ofstrategic platforms such as Microsoft, Networks and Security, WAN, LAN
- Excellent knowledge ofActive Directory/Group Policy/SCCM/Intune
- Solid networking knowledge,including LANs, WANs, Routers, VLANs, VPNs, Wi-Fi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills & Abilityto collaborate, share the workload, and provide direction to team resources
- Knowledgeof industry best practice and standards in an ITIL-based organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborative, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple,changing priorities in a fast-paced and global oriented team.
- Scripting or programming knowledge (PowerShell, Python, etc)desirable
Job Status: Contract/Temporary