Sr. Full Stack Java Engineer (WebService/API)
|Location:||Durham, North Carolina|
If interested please email a word copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a senior engineer on the team, your primary role will be building, testing and engineering REST API’s on our Platform.
You are expected to quickly gain an understanding of all the components of our platform to be able to lead and contribute to strategic roadmaps and initiatives related to the enhancement, maintenance, and support of the platform
- Assist in coordinating multiple development work streams through integration and ensure architecture is scalable and extensible.
- Define, maintain, and support Java development environment and best practices, such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open Source tools.
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production and nonproduction environment and perform troubleshooting.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using Open Source frameworks.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives.
- 5+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in Java, Spring MVC / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers.
- 3+ years of development experience in JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, Jquery, Backbone, Angular, NodeJS, Jasmine, Protractor.
- 2+ years of Responsive & Progressive Modern Web application development.
- Make significant contributions to our technology platform
- Design patterns, UML
- Test Driven Development, Junit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
- IDE’s Spring Tool Suite, and Eclipse, within a UNIX and Windows environment.
- Application build, deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools -- Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc.
- Writing SQL queries and debugging stored procedures within an Oracle environment.
- Leadership: Team player, self-starter, collaborative, innovative, eager to learn every day.
- Scrum Developer certification is a plus
- Understanding of docker, cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure) will be a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering