Technical Consultant Tier II
The technical Consultant will work closely with clients and senior consulting personnel to implement quality solutions. In this role you will be responsible for the configuration, testing and deployment of the solution. The solutions include software and hardware for the following: point of sale, credit, fuel control, loyalty and food service. In doing so, you will work in a team environment where you will have direct interactions with other Consultants, clients, and internal groups such as Product Development, Quality Assurance, and Sales.
You will also work closely with the Client Support Center (TIER I) to research client issues and provide timely solutions to current client needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
High energy, self-starter, that pays attention to details and deadlines; provides timely status and escalations Must be successful at working at customer site and in a team environment Ability to make decisions and solve problems using sound judgment and experience Must ensure the client solution is configured appropriately to carry out the client's business functions. Implement clients solution for our customer on time, within budget and at a high quality Being a trusted advisor to our customers ensuring our customers experience high business value from clients products Serve as a customer advocate within the rest of the client organization
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science and/or related field required. (Equivalent work experience may be substituted).
- 1-3 years of experience in providing Client Facing Professional Services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Clear and concise written and verbal skills Experience troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems including Windows 7/Server/POS Ready.
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP issues including gateways/firewalls/DNS issues.
- General knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- General knowledge of XML
- 25% to 50% travel required
- Must have a valid US driver license International travel may be required, a current Passport or ability to obtain one is required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS General knowledge of the Software Delivery Lifecycle Experience working in a project oriented environment Experience in retail industry Experience in Convenience store industry Experience with POS technology
Job Status: Contract/Temporary