Technical Support Lv1
|Location:||New York, New York|
Location: New York, NY
Responsible for leading troubleshooting and/or repair of software and/or hardware on or related to desktop pc's, and/or printers, pc hardware systems may include performing installation and upgrades.
Leads troubleshooting and/or repair of software and/or hardware on or related to desktop pc's, and/or printers, pc hardware systems and RF devices. May include performing installation and upgrades.
- Utilizing tracking software to track and monitor the resolution of issues and/or open tickets.
- Supporting area processes and interface requirements.
- Resetting equipment or applying solutions to quickly resolve problems.
- Resolves complex issues. Resolves escalated issues from PC Technicians.
- MSOffice Suite
- Experience w/ Remote Access Software
- POS experience
- SQL experience a plus
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to facilitate elimination of problems and to create efficient fixes. Escalate problems and roadblocks as they occur Troubleshoots second and third level support for any problems experienced by production equipment. Make decisions on when outside technical helps needs to be contacted and called onsite for fixes.
- Leads desktop relocations and set up
- Leads the documentation process for client issues, initiates referrals and leads the recording of resolutions within department database software.
- May lift and transports PC's, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment as well as repair.
- 2 years of experience solving technical problems.
- 2 years of experience defining and resolving desktop hardware and/ or software issues.
- Experience coordinating service requests with appropriate IT team.
- Experience following processes and recommending improvements.
- Experience translating technical terms to non-technical users.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional technical team
- Experience solving technical problems.
- Knowledge of remote control software, Windows 7/8.1/10 desktop platforms as well as network infrastructure.